Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 60 spindle?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by project84k5, Mar 11, 2005.

1. project84k5

project84k5 Registered Member

i am only down to the hubs on my dana 60 build and i only have a week to get it done before me and my buddies go on our annual go untill you break it weekend. i got one hub done last night and went to put the other together and the threads on the spindle are flattened at the very end. so i cant get my keeper nuts on there straight. does anyone know if they make a thread chaser that big, or a machine shop in the fort worth dallas area that can do this kind of work. im not against buying a new one, but i have to buy new tires and wheels since im going from 1/2 ton to 1 ton, and 40s arent cheep. does anyone in the fort worth dallas area have one in good shape i could buy, or know anyone that can repare the one that i have. im sorry this thread is so long, but this was kind of a heart breaker since i thought my being burned days were finally over on this axle. thank you so much for any help you can give me. if you have a spindle i could buy, please pm me and tell me how much and when i can come get it. thank you again and have a great day.

Ryan

2. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

die

try a die......you can even rent one if you don't have one...if your know some one at a machine shop they might just let you borrow it....

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Another thing you can try in a small file. Small triangle files work best. Work the grooves/threads a little a time until you can get the nut back on! :thumb:

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

A new spindle isn't that expensive, if all else fails.

5. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

You should have sucess with a thread file and some patience. As tim said, if all else fails we have spindles in our products section.

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

There ya go!:thumb: :pimp:

7. project84k5

project84k5 Registered Member

thank you so much for all of your help, i guess in all of my frustration i never even thought about using a file, and it makes perfect sence. again thanks guys!

Ryan