Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 splines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JpEater, Feb 21, 2006.

1. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

What is the standard spline count for a front mid 80's Chevy dana 60? I think it is 30 but was wondering if 35 was a factory option or aftermarket only. Thanks

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

35 spline on the inner shafts into the spider gears or whatever diff it has, and 30 spline on the outers at the hub. 35 spline outers only came in the Dana 70(if you get Spicer 35 splines to upgrade your Dana 60 you are getting Dana 70 stubs).

3. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

Im looking at lockers and wasn't sure if I needed 30 or 35. So I guess that means I have a 35 spline spider gears and need to upgrade to 35 spline outers? I think gonna run a powertrax for a while(till something blows) and switch out to an OX later with superior shafts then. My doubler, front and rear CV shafts and E-Brake kit just broke the bank for a while.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

need to? no. What size tires are you running? I wouldn't worry about it for the moment. I am getting them just cause I bought 35 spline drive flanges.

5. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

Im running 37 boggers right now. Gonna go up soon.