Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 Spring Plates

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gassman, Mar 28, 2001.

1. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Where can I buy the Plates to bolt in a dana 60 in my blazer. Have the Front end but no u-bolts or plates with sway bar connections. Didn't warn make a kit that you could buy to swap a dana 60 in place of the stock front end. Any help would be great Thank's

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You can get these GM pieces at any GM dealer. Boyce Equipment also sells these items. Any salvage yard should have some (providing they HAD a K30 truck to begin with).

3. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Thank's. Kind of wanted to stay away from the dealer if possible. Thought I saw a post from steve say that Boyce sold them but couldn't kind it. Thank's again for the infor.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yeah, Boyce sells them, for around $170 a pair!!!! Keep looking in the boneyards.................

<font color=orange>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

5. thatK30guy

HOLY SH!T! 170.00 for the pair??!?! I bought mine from the GM dealership for only 75.00 for the pair!!!

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I think you can use them even if they are from a dually too so that widens the choices. thatK30guy and others will know for sure.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

7. thatK30guy

Yep, Bad Dog is right on the money. Ask salvage yards for either the dually or the single rear wheel plates. Both are the exact same part no.s.

8. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Got mine for $70 a set from Boyce. They were used but worked fine. Was that $170 price for new ones??

ken

9. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Just to knock on Boyce a little, I called them and asked them how much for a 1350 yoke for a Dana 60, and they said something like $140 or $114, can't remember, for a "Brand New" yoke. I laughed and said thanks. Then I called Parts Mike and asked for the same thing, and he said $50 for a "Brand New" Dana Spicer yoke and Ubolts to fit it. Boyce is a rip off. But I think last time I checked them for D60 spring plates, I could've sworn it was something like $150 for the pair...still, wayyy toooo much.
    Boss

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yeah, Ken, it was like $169 for the pair of new ones. I got my D60 with the spring plates and sway bar so didn't need them, but told Boyce "man, you guys are sure proud of your stuff." Guy said it was "market value"....................haha.

<font color=orange>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

11. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

My friends and I make our own out of 1/3" plate. it is not as pretty, but hella strong. cost in material is under $20.

"IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN STUCK.....YOU'VE NEVER BEEN WHEELIN"!!!

12. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

Rod, by the way I can't believe you still have not installed that
    bad boy yet. Get on the stick. beind 1 ton is definately the sh!t.
    hope you enjoy your 60. Brian

"IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN STUCK.....YOU'VE NEVER BEEN WHEELIN"!!!

13. thatK30guy

Holy Dog Sh!t! Thats an awful HIGH price for just a yoke!!! [​IMG] I got one from Inland Truck Parts for only $65.00. Man, I am starting to feel everybodies pain when they purchase stuff from Boyce!!! Must suck not to be able to walk for a couple days, if you know what I mean!!! LOL! [​IMG]

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If you don't need the pervision for a stabilizer bar (ala cross-over) Scott at Rockstomper.com can make you a set for next to nothing, He got the measurements from mine the other day.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers