Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DANA 60 Steering Options

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clarkjw24, May 24, 2004.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dec 4, 2003
    Whats my options for steering on a d60. I've got a 6in lift. Do I have to go to crossover or is there a raise arm, block or do I need some stuff off of the donor? I've got a free d60 that has just been redone, new seals, bearings, calipers. I haven't went to get it yet so I have very little knowledge of what it looks like or how it works. I'll go look at it later this week. Would like to swap it in sometime soon or should I save up for the extras, steering, locker. It comes with a 14bff. I've already got a 14bff but with different gearing. I think the pair has 4.10s. I was saving for some 5.13s for my 14bff and 10b but I'm confused on what to focus on. So any insight and help would be great. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
  2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Dec 15, 2002
    I'd get the axle home first. Then I would focus on getting the gearing in and figure out what you need for your steering correction after they are regeared cleaned up and painted and such. It's too easy to throw them in with the wrong gearing and trying to make it work. Now that they are all rebuilt with correct gears and such you should think about the crossover. I think its the way to go. Get your parts all together and do the swap.