Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 swap questions...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Apr 29, 2002.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

OK.. i am trying to get a dana 60...

What is needed to do the dana 60 swap.. from a 3/4 ton dana 44...

No crossover steering... not yet...

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Bolt it in. Might need new brake lines due to the banjo fitting on the caliper being different.............good time to go to stainless braided (ORD sold me mine). Front u-joint should be the same, but if truck is not lifted (sorry, forgot to check your bio) be careful your front driveshaft is not too compressed now, because the D60 has a longer snout/yoke than your D44. You'll need new u-bolts, ORD provided mine. Make sure you get the spring pads with the D60. The drag link will need to be adjusted about an inch, but no biggie. Any other questions, let us know..........It's a really simple swap.

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Right about now I would settle for a 3/4 ton D44 since I CAN"T seem to find a D60. Would you just send me your D44 since you don't need it now ;-)

4. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

If you are currently running a raised steering arm, you will have to get either a drop drag link or steering block for the 60 because the boomerang style steering arm will not work. I would recommend going straight to crossover. Avoid the crappy in between setup. ORD, Skyjacker, and others can provide the u-bolt and stud combo that you need to hang your 60. The D60 pinion is longer than the D44, make sure your driveshaft has enough compression. My Skyjacker braided stainless brake lines bolted right up to the D60. You will also need wheels to clear the brakes. 15's with 2 1/2" backspacing will work as well as 16 or larger.