Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 vs. Dana 60 High Pinion......dimensions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Greg72, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Does anyone know what the difference in pinion height is between the standard D60 and a high pinion D60?

I'll take the measurement any way you have it, as a centerline-to-centerline difference (inches), or somehow referenced as a distance from the top of the axletube??, etc.

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Greg,
    PM a guy named "hipinion" he has a brand new boyce equipment HP D60 in his garage awaiting install. I'm sure he would be more than happy to take a measurement for you. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I am going by memeory but I think it is 3-1/8" from center line in each case . I can verify this later if no one else knows for sure .
    Tom

4. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

I believe that 3" is real close. I would need to measure mine to be sure and it is snowing at the moment. Also, keep in mind pinion angle as this can help a lot if you are building a unit.
    Mike

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Greg, I've got my Dynatrac catalog here and it shows the centerline of the pinion in accordance to the centerline of the axle shaft or tube for the high pinion at 1 1/8" ABOVE where the standard D60 would be 1 1/8" BELOW the axle shaft centerline.

6. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Wes is correct - my books show the same distance . The older I get the worse my memory gets . /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Tom

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Greg, I've got my Dynatrac catalog here and it shows the centerline of the pinion in accordance to the centerline of the axle shaft or tube for the high pinion at 1 1/8" ABOVE where the standard D60 would be 1 1/8" BELOW the axle shaft centerline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wes,

So am I understanding your description right......the centerline to centerline difference for the pinion inputs is 2 1/4"???

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, between the standard and reverse rotation D60's, thats the difference. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif