Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60; Warn Locking Hubs Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by not4show, Jul 13, 2001.

1. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

I going to be replacing the factory locking hubs on my Dana 60 next week with a set of Warns. Is this fairly easy to do? I've never changed locking hubs before and I was wondering if there is anything I need to look out for. Any special tools either? Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by not4show on 07/13/01 07:13 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Yes, very easy to do, just the same as D44 and 10bolt manual hubs, but with larger parts. All you do is remove the old hubs, use allen wrench to remove the allen screws, and then use a really small screwdriver to remove the (forgot the name), but it's a ring piece that keeps everything in place. Then remove the ring piece on the stub shaft with a pair of pliers, and pull out the (forgot the name again...DAMMIT..mind is going blank)...Anyhow, it's basically the large piece that locks and unlocks when you turn the knob.....install is opposite. I have a bunch of pics, but none are downloaded.
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

3. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

That's good to know. I'm going to jump right on it as soon as they come in. Thanks for the info Boss.