Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 wheel hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Why do some dana 60 hubs have bolt holes for what would appear to be a lock out and some don't. The ones that don't are the lock outs attached with clips or what? Can somebody straighten me out on this. I was looking at them on ebay and it looks like there are two different types..

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

**I think** the newer Super Duty stuff (both D50 & D60) are put together with snap rings instead of bolts.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    **I think** the newer Super Duty stuff (both D50 & D60) are put together with snap rings instead of bolts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they're a different design again from the 98-older D60 front. Unit-bearing design, etc, etc....

5. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Dodge used the external hub until the late 80's/Early 90's before going to the unit bearing w/the new body style. GM and Ford used internal hubs/drive flanges. Ford and GM hubs do not interchange due to the different spinle lenghts. GM and Dodge hubs will interchange other than the drive flange/lockout.