Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60 yoke install?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Feb 6, 2001.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Anyone put a new yoke (1350) on a front Dana 60, I think it is pretty straight forward but wanted to ask if anyone ran into problems.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

2. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

Its a piece of cake - jess

3. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Sorry Steve, can't help you on the yoke. I'd also like to know about this, are you planning on buying a new one or going the junk yard route? Are the 60 yokes pretty much interchangeable?

If you haven't done so, you may want to look into up grading the cv on the front driveshaft as well. I was made aware last weekend that the cv joint was the weak link in my front driveline. Went camping Saturday night and was spinning the Swampers in the snow (still moving though) at around 4000 rpm in first gear 4-low. My best guess is that one of the front tires found something solid. Stopped me dead in my tracks, made a pretty interesting noise though. Sheared the ears right off the top joint. Haven't got a chance to see if it's fixable or not.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), Dana 60/14 bolt, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have a new 1350 yoke that Boyce forgot to install, I plan on getting nice driveshafts this fall after I do the doubler. For now it is just going to be a combination joint to get me through the summer.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

5. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Dude, you need to understand Pinion Bearing Pre-Load. And if they forgot, shame on them, actually
    if you paid for that you should get it done right, give them a call and see if they will make it right.
    Good luck