Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 60 ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jk5blazer, Nov 2, 2005.

1. jk5blazer

jk5blazer 1/2 ton status

Is it possible to run 3/4 to brakes on my dana 60, just got the 60 and both calipers are rusted out to piss. I have a 44 front 8 lug that used to be in it and was woundering if the caliper bracket will bolt up. Just tryin to save money. Thanks

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nope, some places make new brackets to do it though. Been a while since I priced the setup. Allows running of 15" rims without grinding too. You could probably buy 2 loaded calipers for what you'll pay for the conversion brackets.

3. jk5blazer

jk5blazer 1/2 ton status

damn, thanks anyhow :(

4. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

check out wms. they have a kit that allows you to run 15 inch wheels with their conversions.. i believe it comes with rotors, brackets, and calipers..check it out on their webpage..www.wagonermachine.com

5. jk5blazer

jk5blazer 1/2 ton status

if I get the 3/4 ton bracket, then can I run the stock 60 rotors and hubs. The reason isnt so I can run 15 inch wheels its so I can save a little cash. I just checked and loaded calipers for both sides will be just over a hundred bucks. And if im not mistaken I'll have to jump up to a 1 ton MC aswell. So the brackets may still be cheaper aslong as I dont have to buy new rotors. Thanks