Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AZK5, Mar 30, 2000.

1. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Did any vehicles come with a Dana 60 front axle with six lugs?
    CB

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>No, but Dynatrac makes the parts you need to convert them to 6-lug. what axle do you have in the rear?</font color=blue>

3. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

I have a 12 bolt right now, but I'm trying to decide whether I want to put ORD axles in my Dana 44 front or go to a Dana 60. I eventually want to go with 38" tires and 5.38+ ring and pinions. I question the strength of a 5.38 Dana 44 ring and pinion.
    CB

4. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Go to the Dana 60 front axle because even if you get the new axles the u-joints still break. I have been working on put 6 lug on a Dana 60 but I think that the way to go is to 3/4 ton disk on the Dana 60 spindles. The 3/4 ton 8 lug is small than the 1 ton disk. So you have to get the caliper mount right but I don't think this is going to be a problem. It will take a while to do this for me but I am sure it can be done. There is companies that makes 15" wheels with 8 lugs. I think this is the way to go.

Donovan