Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 60?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevysrule, Jul 1, 2003.

1. chevysrule

chevysrule Registered Member

ok i need some help identifying what axle i have up front, on my 77 3/4 ton. the lower drivers side webbing says 60, but not 60f like i have seen on all other d60 fronts, and it also uses two u bolts on the passenger side rather than threading into the spring pad. did they ever come like this ? I'm confused?

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Does this help?

3. chevysrule

chevysrule Registered Member

i know what both a d44 and a d60 look like, but ive never seen a d60 using 2 u- bolts on the passenger side, i always thought it was a d44 until i saw the 60 indentification #.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

What does it look like, a dana 44 or a dana 60? The 60 is generally larger overall. What about the knuckles, ball joints or king pin?

I did see a article in 4 wheeler or something a while back and it had a Ford P/U with a dana 60 but it was 5 lug and had ball joints from what I remember. So what you have could be a variation to the common dana 60 we are used to? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Pics would probably help.

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Does it have ball joints (D44 or 10 bolt) or king pins (D60)? How many bolts hold the steering arm on (3 = D44 or 10 bolt / 4 = D60)?