Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 60

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BOWTIE, Feb 10, 2001.

1. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

I know that this question has probably been asked a thousand times already but here it is.

I just got a lead on some one ton axles preety cheap and my main concern is are there any year of D60s that I should stay away from? There is a good chance that the guy that has these won't know the year of truck they came off of.

any help is appreciated. thanks.

MY K-5 DOESN'T LEAK... IT JUST MARKS ITS TERRITORY.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

They are ALL good. This particular axle is so common with parts interchange, that you can get parts for an 77 D60 front and parts for an 87 D60 and the part no.s are the same. There are no weaknesses and problems with any of these. They are all the same. One weakness comes to mind; 77-79 K30's with NP203 t-cases. Since these trucks were full time 4x4's, depending on the mileage, if they were high, some may have worn or nearly worn splines on the inner axle shafts. The spider gears may or may not be worn, too. Reasons are that they were spinning full time. 80 on up D60's were all part time with the NP205's. Some 77-79 trucks also had NP205's.