Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 70 anyone

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72beater, Nov 2, 2003.

1. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

what does anyone think of putting a 70 on a first gen? I have one laying around. ??

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I see no reason to not put one on there as long as it is the width you want. If it has the gears you want that is also a bonus. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

it is a little wider than the 12 bolt, but I was thinking of going strictly trail and the wide-ness might help out in certain situations...

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'm kinda of looking for a dana 70, I'm wanting to put hummer rims on without recentering them and the 70 is wider so it gets me closer to what I'm looking for...if you just want to be wider have you looked at spacers? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

yeah, I was thinking along the same lines, actually. I have access to a set of stock hummer H1 rolling stock and was thinking of hummerizing my k-5. I kindof hate to ruin the "stock-ness" of it though. I know the next thing will be me busting out the cut off wheel and sheet metal nibbler and doing some surgery... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif