Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 70 disc brakes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ben427, Aug 3, 2003.

1. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Well, i just scored a dana 60 front and dana 70 rear from a dodge SRW 1 ton. Im gonna regear and use them in my K5 project. I was wondering about disk brakes for the 70 rear to get rid of the 150 lbs of drums. Im 99.9 percent sure that 14 bolt bracket wouldnt work. But i was told you could use the same parts by opening up the centre hole in the rotor and building brackets. Has anybody done this before??

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

nvrenuf did it using front 60 parts and welding a round flange to the housing to mount the front d60 caliper bracket
    his looks good, he has images online somewhere

the same principle as the common 14ff kits will work
    you just have to drill the correct boltpattern and space the bracket to the rotor position

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    his looks good, he has images online somewhere

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks MJ! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have a few pics of mine on my web site, see link in my sig.

While mocking up my set up I figured out that my Chevy D70HD had the same axle flange bolt pattern as my 14 bolt. With that in mind you could probably get a 14 bolt bracket, play with the spacing and make it work. Depending on the spacing needed it may help by trying different application rotors (ie: Ford = deeper "hat", Chevy = shallower "hat").

It may also help by looking at the site for TSM Manufacturing. You can find axle flange bolt patterns listed for most of their kits, this might also help finding a compatible bracket.

Here is a pic of my D70HD,
    [​IMG]

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

SAWEET! thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif