Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 70 manual scanned

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MaxCrack, Mar 22, 2002.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Do to popular demand...well..one person actually...I scanned in my Dana 70 manual.
    here is the url ... http://photos.yahoo.com/dana70manual

and a clicky ...edit...which seems to be redundant...end edit...

I am currently looking for 14 bolt and transfercase stuff too. When/if I find them I will scan them too. Or if any body knows of some already scanned let me know.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Your sig made me laugh right out loud! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif My wife is an operating room nurse and not only do they giggle, but every doctor, nurse, orderly, etc. that happens to be in the hospital that day will stroll by and check out the latest object on display. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

3. possum

possum Registered Member

Thanks, I hope I didn't pressure you into this. But thanks for the trouble.

4. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Don't worry about it, I was going to do it eventually, you just got me off my lazy ass.

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

thank you

6. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

i have the dealer service manual for my truck (83) and it has a good amount of info (not quite as detailed as the dana 60 manual on here) but i tried to scan it in a while back and it dodn't come out lke i hoped (kinda blurry, not everyone could read it) any tricks to get it lookin good so everyone can see it.

ps--it has exploded views of 10,14sf,14ff,10F, 60F, problems and solutions, and 208, and 205 TCs

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

scan it at around 130-150 dpi in greyscale
    save it as a jpeg at 100% quality(should be an advanced tab in the 'save as' box to set the quality)
    then try saving it a few time reducing the quality until you are satisfied it is legible and still as memory friendly as you can get it