Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 70HD is here at last!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by skratch, Feb 22, 2004.

1. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yee Haww I picked her up ahead of schedule last night. One of my kids was sick so no point in dragging them all with early in the morning to get it, my daughter went with me and we met the guys (Tony and Alan) at their hotel and loaded her up.

I wanna give a big thank you to Brian aka "big pappa b" for all his help in setting up the buy and the shipping! You really helped me out brother. I also wanna thank his buddies from Deleware 4wd for hauling this monster out here, Tony and Alan aka "1TonTJ" Thanks guys! Hugh help there and really friendly. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I know I know now where are the pics, well I got home after 12 last night and was too tired to shoot any (full day of classes followed by rearanging my 2 700's, 350 block, 208, and 203 (moved them all into the shop in the basement) and then 5 hours on the road). When I unload it after Church this morning and stick the rims on it I'll get some shots but this thing is HUGH and extremelly clean! It looks like I could stick it under the truck right now and roll with it! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif If only I had the right gears and rims to do that. Well now it's time to find the funds for regearing and the ARB, the drums will stay just as long as it takes to figure out how to disc this monster.

I'll get the pics up this afternoon. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Here's link to John's (nvrenuf) narrowed & disc'ed Dana 70HD:

http://www.nvrenuf.fws1.com/custom.html

Even if you stay full width, you can make up a new flange to hold the D60 caliper bracket and weld it on. IIRC, there's a healthy 6-8" of axle tube between the stock flange and the seal surface.

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I had seen that before but i guess I didn't realize it was an HD too.
    I think I may be able to work some of that into this even though I'm not going to narrow mine.

Now off to unload and stick some temp rims on it! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Oh cool! New smiley! /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Re: Dana 70HD is here at last! *PICS*

[​IMG]
    Finally home!
    [​IMG]
    Sticking the cheap rims on so I can move it without killing myself.
    [​IMG]
    Just an idea I've been tossing around for Monster Garage. . .The Monster Grill! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    [​IMG]
    Actually just stored until I can get the money to build it /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    Yee Hawww! I gots a Dana 70! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: Dana 70HD is here at last! *PICS*

Mine looks exactly like that one, only cleaner! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Any pics of the bottom of the pumpkin?

7. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

This is the best shot I have of the pumpkin.

I can shoot the bottom tomorrow when I have some light.

[​IMG]

I'll be able to tell better how much I can shave if any when the covers off too. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif