Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana 80 question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 18, 2001.

What vehicle(s) and years had a front Dana 80 and which ones had rear Dana 80's. right or left side punkin? rear discs?

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>I Like my Burb'n on the ROCKS !!
    <font color=black>Imported to Kentucky through military channels !!

1. 77Blazer

77Blazer 1/2 ton status

Im pretty sure Dana 80's only came stock in the rear but in what vehicles, I dont know.

350, sm465, NP205, 14ff w/detroit, yucky ten bolt 4" springs,38.5x14.5 swampers
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.planettribes.com/theden/gontw/nsig.jpg>http://www.planettribes.com/theden/gontw/nsig.jpg</a>

2. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

I have never seen or heard of a front dana 80, only dana 70's.
    All dodge 3500 from 94 up uses the dana 80 rear. I have seen dana 80's in older vehicles as well but they are dually, and not very common.

IT'S A 1 TON THING.... IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Never heard of a factory offered Dana 80 in a light duty truck (maybe in some big 1.5 ton or bigger commercial applications????). I have seen a custom built Dana 80 front with Dana 60 outers on a show truck (my first reaction was "why?").

Dodge started using a hybrid Dana 80 rear axle behind their diesels engines, and maybe the V-10's. It's a Dana 80 centersections (pumpkin, ring + pinion, differential) with Dana 70 tubes and outers.

4. Gotcha--Those damn things are huge !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>I Like my Burb'n on the ROCKS !!
    <font color=black>Imported to Kentucky through military channels !!

5. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

Get a rear axle out of a ford F550, it's a dana 135!!!! Thats friggin huge!!

Shane

Never argue with idiots; They will drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience [​IMG]