Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana44 crossover steering machining info

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by bp71k5, May 1, 2006.

1. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Hi,

I'm interested in the crossover steering kit and since I live in CA and have some machinist contacts here, does the kit come with instructions on how to machine the knuckles to accept the steering arm? I figured I'd save some time and shipping $$ and have my machinist do it instead.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

first off do you have a pass side flat top knuckle?

3. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Yea, it looks like I do. $70 sounds like a fair price, but it would take a week to ship out to CO, a week or two to machine, and then probably a week back here. Plus the shipping costs add a little $. Maybe a month isn't that bad though.

If it's just machining it flat and tapping for three studs, I may be abl to handle that. Unless someone has some they want to sell me already completed?

Also, I just a 4x2 steering box that includes the pitman arm. Do I still need a new pitman arm from ORD? It looks like you can reposition it any way you like. I don't mind the money for a new arm, but I want to do it right.

Thanks

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

you need a non stock style arm for the 2x4 box. the stock is like a tie rod end in it. the kit from ord is a open ended arm that the tie rod end goes in to.

i think you can just tap the arm like a stock one. best ask this in the garage section or search in there first. as it has been covered some. you will get lot more activity from the garage.

good luck. cross over is the best.