Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dana44 Knuckle

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by BDAMNRZ, Feb 28, 2007.

1. BDAMNRZ

BDAMNRZ 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a Dana 44 (chevy) drivers side knuckle that has the tie rod end coming in from the top. The steering studs DO NOT need to be usable. :usaflag:

2. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

I should have one I'll look today or tomorrow. Do you by chance have a casting # off your old one?

Performance Off Road (228) 539-9290

3. BDAMNRZ

BDAMNRZ 1/2 ton status

I am swapping over to knuckles that taht have the tierod coming in from the top. I got a good deal on the flat top passenger side, but the guy did not have the drivers side to match it. The passenger side flat top that is on it now is C36519. Thanks, Brandon.

4. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I have a pair from a 77 d44. But selling them as a pair, the pside is a flat top.

5. BDAMNRZ

BDAMNRZ 1/2 ton status

Thanks anyway Jay!

6. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Small tie rod or large?

7. BDAMNRZ

BDAMNRZ 1/2 ton status

Chevy only made one size TIE ROD. The DRAG LINK is the same taper as the TIE ROD but is lager in diameter. I may be mistaken. The measurements on my current flat top passenger side are top .758" bottom .625"

8. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

sorry it's taking so long, I threw my back out so I've only been at the shop for a short time in the last few days. I think I have what you need.

9. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hey man i havnt talked to you in a while...you need a set or just the drivers side???i have an axle with a set on it...lemme know...

10. BDAMNRZ

BDAMNRZ 1/2 ton status

Hey twoslo. I'm just looki'n for the drivers side only. The passenger side is already machined, on, and ready to go. Let me know.

11. twoslo4five0

do you have to have both to go crossover???or are you going high steer too???

12. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

You need both if you still want to use a tie rod on it since one from top and one from bottom make a weird tie rod :D

13. BDAMNRZ

BDAMNRZ 1/2 ton status

Exactly Iceman. No twoslo, I'm not going high steer but this is for Xover. And yes I do need both knuckles to complete it. I already have the flat top passenger side. Wich has the tierod coming in from the top. Now I need the drivers side to mach it. Because the current drivers side has the tie rod coming in from the bottom. Which would work but it does set the tie rod at a weird angle. So I only need the drivers side to complete the setup. So, how about selling that drivers side knuckle? If you have any other questions about that xover or high steer setup I cold help. I did a lot of research befor I started mine.

14. twoslo4five0

i have one but now im thinking i should save it for my crosssover...i thoght all you need was the pass side knuckle...