Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana60 arm ???s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HELLBENT DESIGNS, Apr 12, 2005.

1. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

hey! a quick question. i am about to put my d60 knuckles on and the rest of the stuff to get it rolling. you guys have mentioned in the past not to have any paint on the arms or knuckles where they meet. what about the replacement gasket that comes with the kingpin rebuild kit i assume that's ok to use? when i pulled it apart the po had used orange rtv. should i just throw the gasket on dry? thanks :D

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I used a thin layer of Green lock-tite (sleeve retainer) spread on with a razor blade. My second choice would have been some anerobic (dries when NOT exposed to air) type sealant (which lock-tite also makes). My 3rd choice would be a VERY SMALL amount of RTV. You should not use the gasket on the side with the steering arm.

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I used no gasket at all, nothing but a pure steel on steel fit. Greese is thick and it hasn't leaked yet (after a year). I am not worried about dirt since the greese seal what littel space there might be on the inside; that and the lower seal is more of a dirt speed bump.