Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dang i need a k-5

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MEPR, Nov 4, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

so yeah keep an eye out for a sweet deal or someone who whants an f-150 for one /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

peer pressure peer pressure.............. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Remember... theres one in Moses Lake ready to hop in and drive away for $1500. You've seen it before... Alfredo's Black and Red '79 Jimmy. I can get it from him for $1300. I know over the past 4 years he's probably sunk over $2500 into it.

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Why is he selling it? the past 2 years i have seen it its been running realy well and it seems sound. And about the peer presure, yes im finally caving /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Nah i just whant a truck that has cheap parts for wheeling but i dont like my ford, the lack of flex in the TTb front end will cause noithing but problems.

5. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

1 word SLIMER!!!! make me an offer for it w/o the 1 ton stuff and you'll probably get it.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mountainexplorer

So Kurt's not going to get the Slimer?

7. mountainexplorer

He wants to buy his boss's K5. Alfredo's Jimmy has a strong running 350 with not too many miles, a newly rebuilt TH350, Part-time 203, Warn hubs, 3.73 gears, and a 4" Lift. He just put a new windshield, starter and flexplate in it. You know how good it runs. There isn't a leak in the whole rig. Just could use a hood hinge and front fenders... or just trim out the rust. The rest of it is fairly decent.

8. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

ok well i dont know, im VARY interested. Let me see if i can get any cash out fo the ford first, it has made me trak down the last electrical phantom /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif(oh well after messing whith ford electrical i doubt anything will intimdate me /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

damn dood... I coulda traded you for one a couple weeks ago. 87, No rust, ran/drove well... it ended up going at auction /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah i just kinda think that the ford has given me my last bit of trouble. On the way home last weekend when the snow and wind was picking up i had an electrical failure. Perty mcuh everything except my headlights and the ditributor stopped working, and man i could have used my whipers, and i dont know how bad it was not seeing my brake lights for other people /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Im just getting realy fet up whith the rig, i sunk about $4000 into it easilly and all it gives me is trouble. I would just rather see it go to someone who likes fords so it has a good home. I guess i just have better luck whith GMs.

11. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

oh and reeser heres my offer, the furd in my sig /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I will float this past my brother in law tomorrow, he is a big ford fan and comes across chevy's all the time. K5's, Burbs, you name it.

13. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i dont realy whant a truck or a burb though, im a SWB guy. K-5s are about the prefect size for my liking, and they are like a mix of truck and suv /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

you couldn't add enough cash on top of the trade to make me take that ford!!! i hate them with all my heart.

allan
    kurt is going to wheel what he can, if i can get a good offer for the slimer i'll take it casue everything is for sale for the right price. plus the slimer is in WAY too good of shape to go out and beat it up or hack the crap out of the fenders. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

thats about the reaction i expected /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

nuttin wrong with furds... Id rather have a 1-ton 04 furd than a 1-ton 04 chevy. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif bad ifs baaad! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

at any rate, i dont have a k5 for sale... but i think the best thing to do would be to troll the classifieds, ebay, and truck shopper. If you're patient, you should be able to get one dirt cheap... if you get in the "i NEED a K-5" mindset, you'll get ripped. good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    j

17. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

nah i have nothing but time, i have just come to the realization that i need a reliable full sized truck whith cheap and easy to get parts and possibly more power and a solid front axle that is easilly worked on. Thus K-5 came to mind. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

18. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Good to know a guy like Allan as well. He seems to have all the good deals from that area dropped into his lap.

19. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah allan knows the right people so he perty much knows about every pre 91 full sized chevy that goes up for sale

20. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I've been debating selling my K5. I don't really want to, but... It's an 80 with an 81 GMC nose. Color is white with blue insert. Nose is black.

Pros: 6" Trailmaster lift with ssr shocks. New 35" Wild Country all positions on white wagon wheels. D44/12 bolt with 3.73's. 350/350/205 all recently rebuilt (within about 1000 miles). Lengthened drivelines. No major damage or rust. Seats out of 90's Taurus wagon (way comphy). Tilt column w/ 89'ish steering wheel (4 spoke). I also have everything you'ed need to convert it to a 73-75 style top, including top, windsheild surround, and doors.

Cons: Paint faded, nose different color. Carpet gone. Dash harness gone (I rewired it and then tore it apart again. Can install new gauge panel and rewire). No bumpers. Rear window motor on last legs.

I also have a 74 K5 that needs EVERYTHING. I would let it go CHEAP!

Like I said, I don't really want to sell it, but I'd take $2000.00 if you waved it front of my face. No, I don't want a Ford. I live just outside of Vancouver, Wa. I can get you pics if you're interested.

T-roy