Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dang I wish I had some money

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Mar 14, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

This look's like a good deal :D i seen this on CL today . 1986 Blazer/CUCV, 6.2 diesel (not running), TH400, NP208, F&R 10 bolts. 24/12 volt system, Lift rings, black-out light, grille gaurd, radio delete plate, Dual side antenna mounts, ect. This is the real deal, not just a camo paint job.
    I bought this with a flat ring-gear on the flex plate. I have replaced the flex plate, changed fluids/filters in the trans-T-case, trans, and engine. The motor spins over but I think it could use some help getting fuel from the tank up to the injector pump to get things primed. These are rumored to be really easy motor to trouble-shoot, but I know nothing about diesels. New glow plugs.
    The body is in pretty nice shape. There is a little rust on the bottom of the tailgate, but it's not terminal. The window crank for the rear window is broken, but the mechanism inside the gate works just fine. The interior is pretty spartan. but it's all there.
    The vehicle has plates and registration in the state of Maine. I'm told there should be no trouble to transfer this Oregon. I know the Oregon DMV will need to verify the VIN # onsite before a new title is issued.
    503-510-6205 & leave message
    Thanks

• This item has been posted by-owner.
    • this is in or around Keizer
    • [SIZE=+0]no[/SIZE] -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I know the 6.2 wasn't exactly a Cummins... but how did a rear 10 bolt ever hold up to the abuse? lol!

j

3. chopped&bobbed77burb

If I had one of these it would get 3/4 ton running gear . My old blazer went through 2 12 bolts with a mild 350 and 36" swampers . We had these blazers in the army and we alway's went through rear axles . I just want one for a DD . I wish my tax money would hurry a get here :wink1: . I think I could get my better half to let me buy it :laugh: . I would just have to punt my little tercel 4x4 wagon .

4. wildmouse216

wildmouse216 1/2 ton status

I thought CUCV's came with heavier duty axles than 10 bolts. Especially with a diesel. Diesels are way cool!

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

CUCV *pickups* were K30's, 14BFF Detroit in back and D60 (sometimes with ... err, an Auburn? something) in front. (This is the M1008, 1028, 1010, and 1031.) Oh, 4.56:1 gears.

CUCV *Blazers* have 10-bolts with a Gov-Bomb in back with 3.08:1's. These are the M1009's -- great DD's, crappy wheelers.

-- A

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

How much is he asking? You can get trucks like that from govliquidations.com for 500-1200

7. chopped&bobbed77burb

I think it was $1600 And it does need some work . There was another Blazer on CL for $1200 obo and it's a 74 , good runner and STOCK . Damn I wish my tax refunds would get here . When you owe them they want it NOW , But if they owe you well you can just wait your a$$ off :mad: . I thought $1600 was a pretty good deal :o , Maybe not . I've been thinking about finding a blazer and taking off all the 1 ton stuff off the burb a building me a blazer and making the burb a 3/4 ton again and a mildtrail/mudder/towrig . It's just to frikin big for some places .