Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dang Jeeps blowing up my 700R4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigburban383, Oct 7, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Ahhh, my front pump seal blew out pulling this freaking jeep...err heep. He burned up the clutch trying to make it up test hill. It was surprisingly difficult towing the heep through the sand. Even the F-250 that pulled me out to the parking lot had a harder time pulling this jeep. I think he had his parking brake on or his clutch welded to the crank shaft. WTF!!

[​IMG]

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Seals don't blow out. I bet your front pump bushing is shot too.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The 700's never had that problem with the lack of oil drainback for the front (converter) seal, blowing it out?

200's did, fix was to make the return passage larger. So yes, seals DO blow out.

Granted, never up on the 700 that much, but if the pump is anything like the 200, fluid ends up behind the seal in operation. I *thought* I had seen factory clips on the converter seal to try and prevent this.

4. bigburban383

Maybe it didnt literally "blow out", but its definatly not seated because I could see it had fallen off, that and it just gushes fluid when the engine is running.

I forgot to put the seal retainer on last time it was off. I hammered the seal in so I didn't think it was nescessary to remove the whole thing again just to put a stupid clip on, well whos the stupid one now /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I never even knew there was a clip, so who's the idiot now?

6. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

At least someone helped you when you where there. People just sat and watch me and the guy i tried to pull out. I blew a bead pulling this dude out and didn't have a spare with me. The other guy was stuck in the swamp for like 4-5 hours, then a Super duty with 46" claws got the job done!
    here it is
    [​IMG]

If you look hard enought my k5 is just barely poking out in the background behind the two trucks!

7. bigburban383

That mud pit looks familiar...

[​IMG]

8. jekquistk5

Yeah sorta, but we were in the DEEP part that was the shallow hole of to the left. The hole this guy got stuck in was deep enough to cover is 38's. I was actually in that whole trying to yank the dude out. Ill post pics when i get em off the camera

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

whats with the flags?

so you can see trucks over a hill?

i would get one of then cut it down and stick it in the mud 10" pokeing out, like the truck sunk all the way in the hole /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. jekquistk5

[ QUOTE ]
    whats with the flags?

so you can see trucks over a hill?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the state park requires them!!! My bro said the same thing about the flag in the mud. kinda funny!