Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dangerous Brain Waves Buring out My Light Bulbs...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Apr 24, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

This is a problem that I've been having for years, but have never brought it up. For a long time I didn't realize it was abnormal, but recently it's becoming very expensive...

I must replace at least between 2 and 5 light bulbs in my home ever week. Doesn't matter what wattage, what kind (flourescent or bulbs), whether I use the correct wattage, too low, too high, cheap bulbs or expensive ones, even tried those gimmic 'lifetime guaranteed' expenseive ones. I go through lightbulbs faster than most people go through underwear. The best luck I've had has been with 'Trouble Light Tough Bulbs', but even they might last twice as long as a normal cheapo bulb.

Now, I have to also tell you that my brain emits some kind of dangerous electromagnetic field that will drive the people near me insane within about 3-4 months. I don't know if this is at all related to light bulbs, but it sure isn't good for people who, for whatever reason, are near me for extended periods of time. Could be a coincidence.

So how many light bulbs do you replace in your home in the average week? This is the entire home, including outdoor bulbs, garage, basement, the light in the refrigetator, etc. It is not ucommon for me to replace the same bulb twice in one week.

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

2 or 3 here too but I think its cause the kids wouldnt know a light switch if I shoved it up there /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

in the 10 years i have lived in this apartment i have only replaced a max of 10 light bulbs and thats with 2 kids turning them on and off all the time /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have been in my house for 5 years & i bet i haven't repplaced more than a dozen.

i would call the power company & complain about surges or get a electrician to check out the wiring, sounds like a potential fire hazard to me.

5. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

looks like power surges/brown outs to me, as far as your brain emitting stuff, tell your doctor to up your meds....

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Try wearing a tin foil helmet.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Maybe 4 or five bulbs a year...and usually the ones that get used the most for some reason. There are bulbs in our house that are probably over 10 years old...

Rene

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

We have the florecent (lifetime replacement bulbs) in the lamps... going on 20 years. in my room in 12 years maybe 4. The lights in the track lighting in the family room about 1-2 every 2 months. They seem to bust and fall out /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Then you have to pull out the base and replace the light... usually in different ones too.

9. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Try wearing a tin foil helmet.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I already wear a tin foil helmet, but that's so the Big League Baseball Satellite can't read my thoughts.

10. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You are a wise one, my friend....

12. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You are a wise one, my friend....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I like to think so, but the people who see me every day rarely seem to recognize my genius... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Funny, I have the same problem... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif