Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dangerous thoughts for the 383

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 27, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Pretty impressive. I've always wanted a set of aluminum heads. In your case, they match the intake. :)

Can't really see how the coolant ports were originally designed, but it looks like the aluminum plugs could have been a LOT smaller and be easier to work with, and do just as good a job.

Perhaps there is a reason to keep them long though. Seems the guy thought of most everything and doesn't have regrets of doing anything wrong.

Cool to see someone actually start and "finish" something, with that kind of documentation and pictures.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yep, don't think I'll even really consider it. Would be awesome(mostly for the lightweight aspect) but the work and $$ I don't think I can justify when I have heads out back that all I need to do is finish the port work and get them assembled.

My thought was if the plugs went back into the ports farther you could put the welding heat farther back and maybe avoid the need for decking.