Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dangit....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by babyburb, Mar 10, 2007.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

wheres the camera when you need it.

So I get a call this morning about 7. Some family members and friends are stuck and need some help. So I load up the wife and kids and show up to see a Dodge buried not to the frame but sitting on the bumpers on a sand bar by the lake. Past the Dodge is a Nissan Frontier the same way and a guy in a Furd 150 working on pulling them out.

I hook the winch on and drug the dodge back to solid ground and the Furd ended up giving up and leaving me the Frontier to work on. Problem is its 500 feet or so and I only have 150ft of cable and chains. I HATE SAND! but went ahead and drove out to him and winched him out of the ruts. I turned around and hooked up a 30ft jerk rope and NAILED IT. BAMMMM! That yellow nissan looked like a banana bouncing around behind me. Went really well until I got almost back to the hard ground and drove into a SAND WALL. I buried up to my Frame and desided to stop. I unhooked the strap and got in and dropped it into 4Lo backed up a little and nailed it. Sand was flying everywhere. I plowed through it, hooked him back up and drove on out.

TheN I said Man I forgot the camera, DANGIT! Still felt pretty good. Talking with the nissan and he told me the guy was like, " Locker this and locker that and Oh I got it, you didn't need to call any body. He ended up burning his clutch before he left.:haha:

2. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

what no camera phone? I hate it when that happens also.