Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dark side of the moon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RatMan, Apr 30, 2003.

1. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

anyone here ever done the 'dark side of the moon'/'wizard of oz' thing? i bought dotm the other day (it was the 30th anniverasry edition, how could i resist) and decided i need to try it out. anyone tried it and have some recomendations?

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Not sure what the "dark side of the moon/wizard of Oz" thing is ?? Some of us old farts remember when Dark Side of the Moon came out (one of the greatest albums ever!) and watched Wiz-on-Oz when I was a kid. I need to go buy the new release of DSOTH cuz my old poster is thrashed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Some of us old farts remember when Dark Side of the Moon came out (one of the greatest albums ever!)

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

yep...it's pretty cool. doesn't follow exactly but pretty close. just make sure you start the album exactly when the lion roars.

5. mudgition

mudgition 1/2 ton status

It's not exact if your in your critical mind. IF, by some chance, you were OUT of your "critical" mind... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It kinda smooths over the gaps. But too far out of your "mind" and it will almost scare the **** out of you.

Me anyways.

I'm sucha wimp. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

it is wierd, just start the DSM right around the 2nd or 3rd roar of the lion on the mgm logo. and then turn on the captions and have a drunk friend read the part of the munchkins........

7. 88Silverado

I believe I still have that on 8-track /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Cant seem to find parts to repair my 8-track tho...guess I'll have to upgrade to cassette or get a new needle for my turn-table /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. 88Silverado

I believe I still have that on 8-track /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Cant seem to find parts to repair my 8-track tho...guess I'll have to upgrade to cassette or get a new needle for my turn-table /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I have Money on a 45 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

Like everything else it’s up on kazaa.
    Dark side of the rainbow or something like that.
    Its very cool up till the song money, when the house lands in oz. then it did not seem to synk to well.
    I think the best was when the twister came and when Dorithy was up there in it.

Good drugs might help

10. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

play the tape until the lion roars the third time, then hit pause.play the cd, but immediately pause it.
    push both start buttons simultaneously, and have the cd repeat once.
    eerily close, if ya ask me. the house lands, and the music is hella moody and slow, but as soon as she opens the door (as SOON AS) the music kicks it up to 'money', and the movie switches to color.
    the wife was vaguely impressed, but i was amazed.

11. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

the rumor (confirmed here, i guess) is that if u start dsotm on the third lion roar of 'the wizard of oz' the album fits in with the movie - moods match up, events match, and the lyrics and actions match. sposed to be pretty crazy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

so basically, if i 'experiment' first then it's gonna be the most amazing thing ever, but if i just watch it, its kinda cool.

i guess i'll be experimenting /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

if it makes yall old-timers feel better, the other cd i bought was the deluxe edition of 'whos next' and i only bought it then because i left my old one on an airplane with most of my other cds. the other cd's i lost that day were everything from 'qudrophenia' and 'symapthy for the devil' to eminem and outkast to garth brooks and toby keith /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. i guess u could say my music tastes are pretty diverse. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I'm downloading it now...

But I've seen parts of it and my ex's dad is big into that (hes only like 38) and showed parts of it to me and I dont get the connection or how its supposed to be "wow"

<font color="red"> ===========</font>
    Only thing I've noticed so far is the song "money" being played when it turns color,and when the witch lady is on the bicycle at the begining it plays some weird bells.

15. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

it for sure doesn't follow exactly, but hella close enough in moods and music to be notable.

16. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

alright, i tries this last night. holy sh!t was it awesome /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif it was so crazy, and it fit so close. i highly recomend givin it a go

17. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

".... there is no dark side of the moon.....
    .... as a matter of fact - it's all dark."

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

18. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You are right... It's all dark... I was but a teenager when that song came out. I listened to it late at night while sitting in a magnesium box. Out in the middle of nowhere. I believe it was in 1973? And my dad said that Rock And Roll would never last... Or acid rock... LOL!