Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Darkside

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Im going to the darkside
    Ive been workin on my buddys Ford with some friends and im starting to kinda like this truck. 79 F150, 9 inch rear end with posi, 351, 4 speed, not sure of transfer case. I think its got a Dana 44 seeing as I dont think they ever made a 5 bolt Dana 60 :tongue1:
    here is a pic of as it sat on saturday night, we wanted to get it primered but our friends the Light brothers, Bud, Miller, and Natural all stopped over so we still have some sanding to do. It has a 2 inch body lift, and he wants 6 inch springs, and to run 37 or 38s. I dont know much about Ford axles, but im guessing the 9 Inch will hold up to it, am I right?
    [​IMG]

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

You running a fever?

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Eh, old fords are pretty cool, 9" rock socks

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

No but him getting close to done with the F150, is gettin me to start saving my money to throw it at my K10 with wreckless abandonment, so its a good thing, ill have it running by fall hopefully, next spring. Main thing is to get it to a shop for new motor, tranny, and wireing harness the rest I will tackle myself(lift, axles, steering braces, etc.)