Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Darn Colorado Mountain College... DARN IT TO HECK!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So... I found this college in Steamboat Springs that offers a degree in Resort Management. Since I want to go into that line of work, I thought "Cool, I can get a degree in this stuff." I had already applied, been accepted to, and paid my housing deposit to go to UNC (NORTHERN COLORADO, NOT NORTH CAROLINA).

But I figured I'd think about it and decide where to go when the time came. I set up a time to visit the college on Monday, but my brother decided that his wants were more important and I gave into it. He said he'd have to go 3.5 hours to visit me, and I couldn't see my niece as much. Not seeing him as often might kinda suck since he's pretty cool, but it wouldn't kill me... But my niece is just the greatest thing in the world, and I'd hate to miss out on anything...

So I changed my mind about changing my mind and said screw everything else, I'll just pay the $20,000 a year for the next 4 years to get a degree in business management and just try and get into the hotel biz with that...

All was fine and dandy until I came home from work tonight. On my bed, under a tube from skyjacker containing a nice big sticker for my truck, was a packet from Colorado Mountain College... It was the housing packet. So I read the brochure, looked over the contract, read all the other papers they sent... And wouldn't you know it, I'm back to considering them again /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Bad thing is, I spent all the money I was going to use to go to Steamboat on Monday to buy rims yesterday. So unless my mom will loan me some gas money and let me fill up a cooler with food, I'm going to have to make the final decision (for the third time) blindly...

Man this sucks, every time I think I have this college stuff figured out, I get another letter or call from this other college that I'd like to go to... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Doesn't life just suck, you'll love it in steamboat though. I went to UW up in Laramie Wyo, about 2 hours north of there, and loved going down there. Started out at Arizona State, but missed the mountains and the snow. Hope it all works out for ya. No matter where you go there you are.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I know it sounds crazy but go to college for a year... A campus visit doesn't do much for the 'campus life'. If I based my going to Ball State on the visit I would have ran like hell... a bunch of crazy asses making me play duck duck goose in the quad /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I stayed in the dorms two years and I lived off campus in rented houses for two years, 5 roommates over that time and I wouldn't change a thing looking back, other than my major. If your worried about a 4 year degree take on a 2 year associates degree in management and then take a bunch of different classes non-related to the major... You never know what you will end up liking. If after the two years your still wanting to go into Hotel Management the other school will still be there /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Myself I looked at Ball State for the architechure program, then I switched to Fine Arts before I ever got there, once I got there and found out there were no computers used in Fine Arts till the Junior Year, I switched to Printing/Graphics Arts and while I was doing that I got a minor in management (part of the 4 year graphic arts management degree), then I took all but 1 of the computer science classes, other Management Information Systems classes, Accounting, Marketing, oceanography.... inaddition to teh core classes I had to take.
    I was pushing like 21-23 credit hours per semester but it was the only way I felt challenged even in a 4 year degree /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

JUST TRY IT /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif