Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

[darn]!! Got a $62 ticket today..

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Confedneck, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

but i guess thats what i get for fishing ONE TIME after my license expired.. sonofabitch.. oh well.. what are the fines for fishing without a license where you live?
    freshwater that is...

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

hmmm..one time i was fishing at lake with 3 poles in the water. The ranger guy come up and asked how its going.....yikes...no license, but he didn't even ask for it, just kept on walking his rounds.

Another time, I was going fishing in Big Bear Lake(CA) and my buddy convinced me at literally the last second at the bait shop to buy a license.....thank god because that time the ranger guy asked!

By the way, I fully support being licensed and never have fished without one after these occurences /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Last I heard it's $250 per violation here in Califuku. So no license and 3 fish would net ya $1000 fine... I got it for fishing with a barbed lure on the wrong side of a bridge. I was actually on the proper side of the bridge but was casting up under it and he saw my lure go past the other side... $250.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. Confedneck

well i bought a new license today, online, for $13.50, wtf is with a 62$ ticket on a first offense for a 13 buck license?

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If the ticket was the cost of the license noone would buy them.

6. Confedneck

sure they would.. or even a ticket thats twice the price of a license, but for that 62.00, you can buy a 5 year freshwater license.. i mean, first offense, maybe a warning, becuase i know it shows i had a license and its expired... oh well, ordered my license, ill pay that fine later..

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

OK, I should have said many ppl wouldn't bother. There are lots of guys who look at fines for this or that and say "I can afford that". I agree $62 is a bit high if you had a recently expired lic on you though.

8. Confedneck

what bites ass about it is.. we didnt even catch one damned fish all day, at that hole, or at the 2 we went to after that... i had 3 little bites but nothing grabbed on, other than some water mocassins..

9. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Fines are pretty excessive in NY. I think its like 300-500 dollars. There are little weird bylaws too- you only have to have a license if you are fishing freshwater areas which are stocked/maintained by the DEP.

Licenses are 19 dollars a year, starting in Oct. Super sportsmans are like 54 bucks, and give you archery/muzzleloading/rifle/handgun/turkey/bear/deer/ and miscilaneous small game.

I wont use 90% of my tags, but I sure do Like being able to get a rat here and there. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. Confedneck

if i was allowed to have a gun.. id only be hunting one thing.. and its near impossible to get that permit tacked onto your license here.. guess what it is..

11. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    we didnt even catch one damned fish all day

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch. 62 bucks would buy alot of fresh fish...

12. Confedneck

LOL!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif