Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

darn interior lights

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 85burbanator, Aug 1, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

well one of my interior light burned out and i cant figure out how to take the stupid cover off. anybody here know how to do it?

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

depending on the year/style, you'll either need a philips or a flathead screwdriver.

one style uses the outer beziel to lock the plastic cover in place. generaly speaking, there're 2 philips head screws that you unscrew to make it pop off. the other style, uses a push in plastic cover, that sticks in itself. this generaly can be pulled, by sticking a flathead screwdriver in along the edge of the cover, which'll cause the tang to disengage from the housing.

kinda confusing, but its the end of the day here at work, and my brains' all fried.

-Ddragggon

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the other style, uses a push in plastic cover, that sticks in itself. this generaly can be pulled, by sticking a flathead screwdriver in along the edge of the cover, which'll cause the tang to disengage from the housing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the style I have in my '84 Burb. The lamp just needed a wiggle and it worked again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

sweet thats what i got in my truck as well /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif