Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

darn sqeeky noise!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Sep 8, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

well I am ready to loose my sanity..or put a radio back in the blazer....

heres the story...

I jump in the truck in the am after truck has been sitting for a few hours, truck sounds fine, after a miles or two she is squeeling like hell...

I replaced both the serp and v-belt since they were at least 5 years old...still sqeeling.

undid the serp belt and spun the water pump...no squeek

the alternator bearing is my next hope /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif but having lights on or off makes no difference on the noise.

It is constand and always present while motor is on and while I shut it off.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check for coolant leak. It will leak on the belt and belt will make noise forever. Took me and GM a year to figure it out. Went through 2 water pumps, 1 alternator, 3 tensioners and 2 idler pulley trying to figure it out.

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

You could try a stethescope

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Tighten the belts , seroiusly tighten them . Mine will do that on the alternator belt unless I use a bar and really move the alternator and tighten the belt up . It will not wear out quicker either , they just need to be tighter . To prove it , spray some belt dressing on it ( or pour coke and let dry ), if it goes away , then comes back later and pisses you off , belt is too loose /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif