Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Darn the luck...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'd like to meet someone who has worse luck than me with their vehicles... With the exception of my 94 Explorer and my 00 Ranger, always a problem somewhere... I just got a call from the bank saying the company I have my warranty from is refusing to cover my Jeep because there's been an odometer discrepancy reported.... I'm getting refunded the money I paid for the warranty, but holy heck... Seems the more I pay for a vehicle (again, with the exception of the Ranger) the more trouble I get with it... Now to find $275 to get the water pump replaced on this Jeep... bah.... Merry f'n Christmas to me :mad:

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

If it makes you feel any better, I know that person. He's gone through approximately 24 different vehicles, mostly trucks, in the past 4 years. Everything from just changing his mind, title discrepencies, being repo'd, filing bankruptcy, motors blowing, rear ends going, frames being cracked and having some catch on fire and burn to the ground.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

We've got ourselves a winner then... My list in order is as follows:

76 Buick - Tranny went out after 6 months.
    91 Subaru Justy - friend rammed into it in his driveway after about 7 months.
    79 K5 - Threw a rod after 8 months.
    76 Jeep J-10 - Changed my mind after 2.5 months. That old school Quadratrac is hard to figure out.
    85 Subaru GL Sedan - Too girly. Had it for about 5 weeks.
    79 Scout II - Decided I needed something better for the highway after 9 months.
    91 Explorer - Brakes quit working among other things after 16 months.
    94 Explorer (purchased Feb. 04) - Decided to get something newer since I was making more money after 6 months.
    99 Grand Cherokee - Cracked head, I drove it for a total of 2 weeks, owned it for about 2 months.
    00 Ranger - Changed my mind/couldn't afford payments. Sold it after a months and a half.
    76 Chevy - Temporary truck given to me by my mom. I drove it for about a month.
    98 Grand Cherokee - I still have it. I don't know what will happen with it after Monday, but I've had it for about 2 weeks now.

That's 5 vehicles since August. I thought I was bad when I was going through 2 or 3 cars in a YEAR...

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

My friend Johnny can unintentionally kill any vehicle. He has never sold one running. Heres his list, it may not be in perfect order.

-91 lebaron, threw a rod
    -78 F250, siezed after pan gasket blew
    -87 Mighty max, carb fire
    -91 Tempo, tranny blew
    -89 CRX SI, tranny EXPLODED, im talking parts in the street exploded
    -88 CRX SI, control arm broke and wrecked the car
    -83 Toyota, blew tranny
    -89 caprice, blew head gasket
    -83 S-10 blazer, 2.8 grenaded, it had 4 holes in the oil pan
    -91 Roadmaster, overheated and blew head gasket
    -89 Chevy van, computer fried
    -89 Pontiac bonnevile, trans lost 1st and reverse
    -93 buick-current daily driver, so far its still running.

He is only 18.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

odometer discrepancy? cant you take it back to where you bought it from and tell them to stick it?

6. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the dealership (if you got it from one) should be liable for that one...even if they have an 'as is' law in your state, if they report a false report to the DMV, then its on them, not you.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Like I said, I'm going to know exactly what's going on and what I can do about it on Monday... If it turns out the guy I bought it from is responsible, he gets a Jeep back on his inventory... if it's not him, I don't know what I can do about it if anything...

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I just got back from the bank... Looks like an issue with reporting mileage...

June 1, 2004: mileage was 63,645
    August 4: milleage was 92,840
    August 6: mileage was 63,669
    October 7: mileage was 92,000

SO I was went to the place where I bought it to see if the owner of the lot had any information on the history of the Jeep, like how I could contact the person he bought it from or if he knew anything about it... But of course the lot is closed.........

I kinda want to be optimistic and think that someone just wrote down the wrong numbers... But it does seem a little suspicious to me... Going 28,200 miles in 2 months doesn't seem that unreasonable, maybe someone took a couple road trips with it....... But then it magically goes down, making it seem like they only went 24 miles in 2 months... Then between August and October, it goes up another 28,331 miles, again not unreasonable...

I have a problem though in that I may not be able to find out who has owned the Jeep previously... Not to mention the fact that if they altered the odometer intentionaly and have half a speck of common sense, they're not going to admit to doing it. Especially to a geeky kid from Wyoming...

The lady at the bank said that perhaps someone just put down the wrong date or numbers as I said previously... That's a lot of times to get the date screwed up, and there aren't many numbers to get confused with on a digital odometer...