Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Darrent Willaims (Bronco) update

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Jan 3, 2007.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

KUSA - 9NEWS has learned the vehicle said to be involved in the shooting death of Darrent Williams is registered to a self-professed gang member.

Police are searching for a 4-door white Chevy Tahoe with Colo. license plate 665-OBS. Sources tell 9NEWS the vehicle is registered to 27-year-old Brian Hicks.

Hicks is currently in jail on attempted murder charges. In the case against Hicks, the key witness, Lonnie Clark, was gunned down outside of her home Dec. 6, days before she was to testify against Hicks. The murder of Clark is still under investigation, Hicks was in jail on December 6.
    Hicks had previously mentioned ties to the Crips gang.

Williams, a 24-year-old cornerback for the Broncos, was shot and killed early New Year's Day while traveling from the Shelter night club. He died at Denver Health Medical Center from a gunshot wound to the neck.

Nearly 800 people had gathered at the club on New Year's Eve to celebrate the birthday of Nuggets player Kenyon Martin.

A person with Williams at the club was said to be dressed all in red, a color commonly associated with the Bloods gang. Sources tell 9NEWS that while at the nightclub, that person was in an altercation with other club-goers dressed in all blue, a color commonly associated with the Crips gang.

Hours later, the limo carrying Williams and 15 other people was shot at mutiple times. Three passengers, including Williams, were hit.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=62552

On a side note; I can't believe that the reward is only $2,000.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

So the truce is over ? The Movie colors is true again ?

Bunch of ***damn losers anyway . Whats wrong with getting jobs and contributing to the fabric !!

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Live like a hood.............Die like a hood.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Is there an assumption Darrent Williams was a hood or??

Rene

5. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Wow!

The plot thickens...!

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

He had a habit of surrounding himself with gangstas. That's a fact. Hang with douchbags, die like a douchebag. A tragic death to be sure, but not unexpected either. The only difference between his death and the dozen drive-by deaths last year is that he happened to be famous...

7. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Gotta keep feedin' the need for new rap songs....... :haha: :haha: :haha:

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Real hood or wanna-be hood, you can still end up the same way being around those types.

9. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

While I agree with the fact that you are what you surround yourself with, i've gotta say that Darrent Williams seemed like a good guy. He was from this area and there has been a lot of local media coverage of his death. From everything I have seen and heard, he seemed like he was a good guy. This guy planned on starting a kids football league this year in fort worth. He donated money to the community. So please, before anyone condemns this guy as some typical thug, lets remember that he tried to do some good things.

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Not at all saying he was a thug, just that he chose to hang out with thugs, which is dangerous.

11. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That would be one of the tough things about being a pro athlete I suppose. Who knows who is going to bring who to the party and what kind of attitude they may have. One of the cons of being an athlete. I'm thinking I could find safer and more enjoyable ways of spending my millions if I had the opportunity.

12. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Bullet proof monster truck with gun turrets.

13. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

If you're dressing in red from head to toe you're a hood-rat thug no matter how much money you donated to whatever cause to make yourself look better. He probably just needed a tax break and what better way to get one and improve your image.