Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dart heads?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kombi59, Feb 24, 2004.

1. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

anyone run dart heads here? I was going to go with aluminum edelbrock heads but I have heard good things about dart cast ones. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I ran the Dart 2 Sportsman heads on the hot rod. I liked them, match them with the Dart 2 Sportsman intake manifold and a Comp Cams camshaft and you'll have a stout upper end. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

thats what the speed shop told me. comp cams valve springs come on the heads. and I like that the comp cams will make a cam for you to specs if you tell them all you components. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I had a set of dart iron eagles on my blower motor, They were excelent heads I really like them except.
    I ordered from jegs 450 a piece , jegs sent me one head and said sorry no refunds your only getting one tough darn . So I called dart (12 miles from my house) and explaind the situation they said tough luck ill give you a number you can order one from, 640$ for the 2nd head. So i get the heads bolt them on and about 5000 miles on the motor a valve snaps at the stem. ( now keep in mind that this is a motor with 8:1 compression 72 cc chambers and dished pistons, cam had 489/509 lift i could stick my pecker in the plug hole and not worry about it getting crushed between the piston/valve. ) Valve drops threw the piston piston blows out side of block. I tear down see what happened call dart, first they blame my cam till they see the cam specs (these heads had dual springs good to 650 lift btw) Then it was my rockers 1.5 roller rockers I guess are hell on valves. Now They warentied the head so I then had a head with chewed valve seats with 5000 miles on it and a new head. But they said sorry about the motor.5000 miles on, every thing new, gm block, steel crank, rods, Je fordged pistons, lunati cam, mildon pump, gapless rings, moroso timing set, the gear on my msd distrubutor. TOUGH thats what dart is good for. Anybody want to buy a low mile v7 shortblock built for boost.

5. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

man that sucks, so you recommend them? my speed shop in Yuma has them in the store should I run them or go with someone else?

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd go with World Products or Pro-Topline myself over Dart.

7. J.R.

J.R. Guest

im switching to AFR myself. all the dyno test ive seen so far they out perform everyone else. for iron heads i would go with world product heads

8. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd go with World Products or Pro-Topline myself over Dart.

[/ QUOTE ]Have you ever seen a dart casting next to a world products head??? The dart heads are much cleaner /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

man so many opinions!!! I think I will go with the darts my speed shop recommends them and so do a few of you. I plan on putting in the heads, roller rockers, cam, intake and the truck avenger carb. what do you think the horsepower gains would be like from a stock crate 350, with edelbrock 650, headers to flowmaster y pipe to flowmaster 40 single in to dual out. no cat.?? 50-75hp?? thanks Chad. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I liked the hell out of the heads, but their customer service can /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif