Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash Bezel?

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by k5 krawler 50, May 20, 2004.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Hey, i am looking to replace my stock dash bezel but dont know were to get a new one. I looked in an LMC catalog and they have every type of bezel for blazers except for the 81s and 82s, will a 77 style fit mine, by looks of the pictures in the magazine, the 77 has all of the component holes but the newer style pictures dont show them all. So if any one has an idea of were to get one or if the 77 would fit please let me know. Thanks.
    Cory.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am sorta wondering the same thing, except I can't find any aftermarket brushed alum bezels like the factory silverados. I think all the bezels are the same and will "bolt on"

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

they should bolt up from 73-83. in 84 the wiper switch was changed to the column.

i have one from a 79 that im looking to get rid of. $35 plus shipping and its yours. it has ac

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am sorta wondering the same thing, except I can't find any aftermarket brushed alum bezels like the factory silverados. I think all the bezels are the same and will "bolt on"

[/ QUOTE ]

I made my own from real brushed aluminum. My brothers father in-law owns a cabinet shop and he works with all types of laminates and I was hangin out there one day and I noticed a sheet of 1/16" thick 4x8 of brushed aluminum and asked about redoing my dash. I rremoved all the worn originals and traced them on the new aluminum sheet, he went thru with a tool he uses to trim formica laminate and cut out identical copies of the bezel, dash and door trim, needless to say it looks 100% better than original since the real aluminum shines when exposed to light at certain angles.. heres a pic. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

5. k5 krawler 50

Do you have any pics of your 79 bezel? Thanks.
    Cory.

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I made my own from real brushed aluminum. My brothers father in-law owns a cabinet shop and he works with all types of laminates and I was hangin out there one day and I noticed a sheet of 1/16" thick 4x8 of brushed aluminum and asked about redoing my dash. I rremoved all the worn originals and traced them on the new aluminum sheet, he went thru with a tool he uses to trim formica laminate and cut out identical copies of the bezel, dash and door trim, needless to say it looks 100% better than original since the real aluminum shines when exposed to light at certain angles.. heres a pic. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]Ah man, I'm getting a red X. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I would love to see it!

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my camera craped out on me and had to send it back to samsung, so no pics right now

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

that looks nice!

9. k5 krawler 50

That bezel, is it chrome or black? Does it have any cracks or is it in good condition? I would like some info about it, and i am probably interested in it. Let me know more about it, cuz i really need one. Thanks again.
    Cory.

10. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

cheyene truck parts may have it, or chevy duty pickup parts /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif