Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DASH bezels

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WarrenLovell, Jan 1, 2006.

1. WarrenLovell

WarrenLovell Registered Member

Before I make another mistake :D I thought I would ask you guys:

I have a 1986 M1009 Military Blazer (CUCV). I want to replace the Instrument bezel. Does anyone know what years will interchange?

I was wondering if I could use a leter bezel or an earlier bezel since LMC Truck doesn't have the exact match for my truck.

Warren

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I can't quote you the years off my head, but the differences '81-91 you will be concerned about are the wipers are no longer on the dash, so no bezel cutout ('84-ish+) and the radio cutout is different for the later digital radios. So is the metal in the dash. The diesel ones are different as well, since they have at least one additional light location cast into them. (wait or water in fuel?)

Other than those three differences I don't believe there is anything preventing a swap. All physically bolt up exactly the same.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

There are basically four different models.
    '73-80
    '81-'83
    '84-'88
    '89-'91

The dash changed in '81 making a bezel with deeper top section nessesary, then in '84 they put the wiper on the column and moved up the headlight switch. Then in '89 they went to the current 2din style radio.
    You may have a bigger problem though, you have a diesel, and those have additionaly tell-tale cutouts above the speedos, these are kinda of hard to comeby, in yards or even on eBay. Medium duty trucks are your best bet for the diesel style. They are usallly very very dusty, but unmolested. Unless you feel comfortable making the cut-outs yourself.

4. WarrenLovell

WarrenLovell Registered Member

73k5blazer....thank you for the comprehensive coverage! I will make the cut out myself.
    Best regards,
    Warren