Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dash board rattles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 99firehawk, Oct 25, 2003.

1. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Well I just finished my 4 month rebuild on the ol k5, /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Took it on its maiden voyage and with out leaving the subdivison realized that if at 25 mph I Cant
    hear myself think then in the free way its gonna be real bad. Heres the deal the dash board is rattleing in the center, arounf the ash tray, anybody see this before? I have never had the dash out anybody know whats supposed to hold it there? Please /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

there should be a support rod there. it goes from the fire wall to the bottom of the dash. Other than that the dash pad should clip in to place its easy to miss the holes in the steel where the clips slide under.

3. kazajames56

kazajames56 Registered Member

Maybe try checking the latch on the glove box... mine's off by a just a little bit and it rattles like it wants to fall off.

Steven

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

you should determine first if its the metal dash under the dashpad or the dashpad...
    as the previous post states there is a support rod in the center
    the dashpad is held on by spring clips and scews but the sping clips can rattle if the dash has ever been r and r'd ..if thats it and easy fix is a couple of screws through the top of the pad (where there is sheet metal below and preferably not into an empty hole like where the center speaker area is)
    its easy to remove the daspad and then see whats below/// about an hour to r and r
    hope this helps
    cam

5. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Its the metal dash itself if i push on it about the flip out ash tray thing it quiets up. the dash pad is not ratteling nor is the glove box. I cannot find any metal support form the firewall? any ideas?