Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash caps

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DMK, May 26, 2000.

1. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Anyone have one of the dash caps that glue over exsisting dashpad. How good are they, color and fit. What does it look like when done? Thanks for the replies.

2. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

i got one from LMC. fits pretty good and looks good. i would rather have a real dashpad, but they cost a ton of dough. btw, i would suggest using liquid nail instead of the silicone that they give you. i had to use several different props to hold the cover in place while it dried.

Phil in K.C.

3. mrkay

mrkay Registered Member

I'm looking to do the same thing. The blue Knight has carpeting on his and it looks fantastic. It gives it a real warm and comfy look. I wonder if the carpeting type stay put properly. I think they are held in place with velcro.

Anyway, JCWhitney has the plastic caps also. The price is high but if it looks good then it's worth it.

mrkay

Rock climbing on Plymouth Rock [​IMG]
    with my 88 Blazer 350/Auto/TBI

4. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i have a black carpet dash cover, and it is sweet. keeps things from sliding as much up there, keeps the reflections down, and hides any insightly areas.
    i had a 65 cadillac awhile ago, and the previous owner had installed a second skin kinda number on the old dash. it took my a long time before i noticed it, and i was in the damn car all the time. once i saw it, i could see the old cracks through the material, but i don't think anyone ever said anything about it. it made the dash look not brand new, but very damn good.
    sorry, i don't know where it was obtained from, but if you have or can get some, i would say go for it. be sure to stretch the material for a nice tight fit.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

5. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

I have one on my truck and it's fairly good. The instruction on mine said to install it withg the dashpad in the vehicle. Save yourself the mess and just take the dash pad off. Clean it real well and scuff it up so the glue will hold. Then rip apart an old shirt and tie it down as you glue it. Mine turned out great the 2nd time I did it.. =) Oh well, you learn from your mistakes..