Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash coating

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUB-ZERO, Jan 13, 2006.

1. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Has anybody coated there cracked-up dash pad with something?New ones are insanely expensive.I was thinking of having mine sprayed with line-x.

2. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

When I bought my truck it had a dash cover already on it. The PO tried to install it w/o removing the Dash Pad First and well it didnt seat right. So I took it off cleaned off the silicoln and used liquid nails to glue it back down.

But if you do this do the front section first then the rear later. And use clamps to hold the Pad on the Dash while it dries.

3. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Liquid Nails?!That thing will never come off!!

4. broncoman6524

Exactly:D

i mean the dash covering that was on it. Did I do something Wrong:confused: :D

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

hes taking about the plastic covers that are repro that go over your pad, not the actual pads

6. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

I' talking about spraying the whole thing pad,cover and all.Of course I would remove it first.Line-x says if I remove it and leave it with them they could spray it when they have a bed or something big to do and would only charge me $50 for the dash pad and $50 for my 4 door panels to spray black with uv inhibitor.The repro covers alone are $100 and god knows what a set of 4 new door panels would cost!Plus its non-skid so I can put stuff on it without it slidin' off.Whada ya think?Any drawbacks I'm not thinkin' of?

7. broncoman6524

From what your talking about That sounds like a pretty good idea. If you do it let me know how the door panels turn out.