Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash Cover options

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by edman87, Jan 8, 2005.

1. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

Anyone here used one of the plastic dash caps, particularly from LMC? Whitney also sells one for about $40 more. Are these any good? Fit? Quality? THanks, I know this is another LMC question, but I am going to place a big order shortly and want everything in 1 shot.

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I dont think you will be happy with a dash cap... I wasnt... its kinda like putting makeup on an ugly woman.... you still have an ugly woman but now she has bondo on her....

they are thin... you have to paint them normally to match and that wears off easily... and they feel like what they are... a thin piece of plastic covering a rattty dash.. they are held on with silicone... and its easy to tell its a cover.. why do people buy them... because its a cheap way to cover up the ratty dash
    I went to ebay and got a repro dash pad.... now the truck looks like new... it was about 180 plus shipping.. bid on it

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

My truck has a dash cap that was there when I bought it. It is a very tight fit and looks pretty good. Not perfect but pretty good.

4. monsterbabyberl

monsterbabyberl Newbie

dashcover looks cool

i bought mine with a cover as well. dont know of which make.. but i couldnt tell that it was a cover, cuz it fit so good. and it was tuffer and thicker than the original thin plastic that the sun cracks!

5. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

:haha: makeup on an ugly woman...........

6. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I dont know about upholstery shops out in your neck of the woods but I had mine repadded and recovered in soft vinyl for 80 bills. Looks better than new IMO with out the speaker holes on it all it has are the heater vents.