Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash Defroster Vents - Are they both the same?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Greg72, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

As part of my "winterizing" project on the '72, I decided to finally connect some hoses from the heater plenum up to the two dash-mounted defroster vents.

Surprisingly, the one on the driver's side has a round connector on the bottom and the one on the passenger side is NOT. It's more of a perfect oval shape on that side. The vents otherwise look the same....and unfortunately both are equally brittle. I managed to break off all the spring clip retainers after attaching the hoses, so what I'm trying to figure out is what I should be ordering as replacements????

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I replaced both of mine...problem is it was Years ago. I think they are the same, atleaset I don't remember one being differnt than the other. Check out chevyduty or who ever to see if they offer a pass side and drivers side or if it is just one part #...

Good luck and have a GREAT weekend
    Burt

3. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

I believe the one on the passenger side is the oval and has more of an agressive angle to it. I would take pictures of it, but theres no way I'm going to take it out. with the new hoses i got from LMC everthing is so tight I don't dare touch anything.

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

They are not the same, but it is damn hard to figure out which one is which when you take them both out without paying attention. It has to do with how the hoses hook up, and how the airflow hits the windshield.

5. sponsoredbydad

sponsoredbydad Dune Slaying Sand Junkie Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yes they are diffrent origainally and yes i should have paid more attention when i removed mine. all of the aftermarket ones i have located are round but there is still a left & right.

6. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I know this one...I know this one ( jumping up and down with hand in the air)

Pass. vent is the oval,Drivers is the round one.
    Just had it out last week.

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Just engnore my reply:o

I blame my memory on the 80s:p:

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Alright, how is it that you can add emoticons to your posts?

I don't even get a pallette of choices like the "old days" and posts I see that are "pre-upgrade", only show them as text (/smile) etc.

Is there a setting somewhere in the profile to turn this stuff back on? Burt seems to know the answer!!!

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

In your User CP, click on "edition options", then scroll waaaaaaaaaaay down to the bottom to Misc Options. Change the setting to Enhanced Options:thumb: