Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dash gauge modification prob!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dragricinMT, Sep 16, 2001.

1. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

I need help. I took out the factory gauges and installed autometer mechanical for oil,water,trans,and volt. CCot holes to make them mount so bezel is all that protrudes. Then routed my capillary tubes and oil line through the bacck panel. Here is the problem, instead of using the circuit panel from my 78, I used one I hadd layiny around from a 73 K10. Now my gas gauge doesnt work and when I turn on the headlights my turn signal ind. bulbs come on but no lights for speedo and gas gauge. Can you do away with circuit panel and wire gas gauge direct and do all the bulb holders have to be in. I had to use the holes to route my stuff through. I used the 73 circuit because it was set up for mech oil pres gauge so it was easier to run my AM gauges. Anybody think I'm crazy for doing this {sounded good when i started}besides my wife.

Any suggestions please!!!!! Can't work on it again till Thursday.

78-K5 4"Lift 35"Tires 400SB TH350 NP205
    73 Vega 350SB TH350

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

You could put an autometer electric fuel gauge. As for the turn signals you could use a stup for a rod that summit sells. Then just wire up a light to the speedometer and you could get rid of the circuit board.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I'm guessing you have a large fuel gauge beside the speedo, so an aftermarket replacement would not fit. You do not have to have the circuit board if you know where to run the wires. I just clipped my wires off the conector plug and ran them where I needed them to be. I can shoot ya over some schematics if ya need 'em.

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

4. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

That would be great. Appreciate the help.
    Yes it is large factory gauge. I've got everything else figured out just have to finish this before I tear into 12bolt this weekend. Thanks.

78-K5 4"Lift 35"Tires 400SB TH350 NP205
    73 Vega 350SB TH350