Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash Gauges

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by chevelless502, Oct 29, 2002.

1. chevelless502

chevelless502 Registered Member

I have found a gauge cluster from a 96-97 tahoe and I was wondering if it will fit in my 99 Tahoe. Mine is the old style and they look the same but i am wanting to make sure the wiring is the same as well, thanks,
    Andy

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Hey man, you need to tell us more about your Chevelle! There are some major Chevelle nuts on this board! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. chevelless502

Well its in the middle of a frameoff resto. It is a all numbers matching 1970 chevelle with a 300 hp 350 and a 4spd. It is loaded with all options excpet the SS one, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. It is fathom blue with white stripes and black bucket seat interior. Should be nice when it is done. I am thinking of going the 502 route with it maybe. I cant wait till its done. Its been toooo long.
    Andy

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Sweet. I've got a '71 SS 454 that I've got down to the frame right now with the tub at the body shop (jail). In the summer I drive around my '68 Malibu. Are you going to Fake an SS? Some people really frown on this but I dont see anything wrong with doing this as long as it doesnt get sold as one.

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Nothing wrong with cloning an SS....like you said,as long as it is represented as a clone and not an original SS. As far as the dash goes. I have a 96 tAHOE IF YOU NEED ANY INFORMATION TO HELP YOU WITH THE SWAP.

6. chevelless502

Very nice SS 71 car you have there, it looks nice. I am thinking of putting a few SS emblems on it. Like you said I would never try to push it off as one but its got so many SS options on it now it would be a breeze to make it a clone car with just the additions of the emblems. I am hoping to have it on the road by spring time if the wife will ease up on the honey-do list this winter,...lol.