Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash Ideas ...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SlyDog, Dec 9, 2001.

1. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Hey, I am just thinking ahead about what to do to the dash ... we have the cover panel thing off so its just the bare metal, and I am thinking of two ideas. 1. Do what Michael did pretty much [​IMG] or 2. Take herculiner when I herc the tub and herculine the dash too ... I like michael's idea cause its really unique and lighter and thats what I am ultimatily going for! Anyone want to throw some ideas out there for me ?

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

What did Michael do? Any pics?

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Yup, go here <a target="_blank" href=http://jmartin.net/parker/dash.html>http://jmartin.net/parker/dash.html</a>

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm seriously thinking about redoing the front hoop of my cage and going with a dash like that. Biggest reason is so I can push the front legs out towrds the A-piller. With the dash in there is not a good place to to do a cross bar on the front legs. With the kids the cross bar on the B-Piller was not going to be back seat friendly.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If you look at Watson's cage, he has a removable cross-brace behind the front seats, I will prolly go this route, that way I can take it out for daily duties.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That's a thought. I really wouldn't mind 4 points. I retro fitted 3 points into it using the roll bar for the mounts since the top is off most of the time. I'll have to look at that and see. I do want to change a few things.
    I'm tossing around the idea of getting a JD2 bender. I would really like to get something like what Watson has. Think I'll pass on the uprights at the windshiled but I sure like his dash set up. I'll have to do a few side jobs for others to pay for it. [​IMG]

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

That is some trick looking fab work.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

8. Innerpiece

Innerpiece 1/2 ton status

I'm getting ready to start the interior on mine ... I've actually looked into having a custom dash (the top vinyl crumbly crap thing) fabbed out of diamond plate aluminum. It would be the same size and shape as stock ... only aluminum and not crumbly and sh!tty ... only about $50-100 more than an OEM dash.

FWIW