Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash lights dont work

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76_Cheyenne, Oct 21, 2002.

1. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

Ever since I bought my 76 K10 the interior gauge lights have not worked. I have checked all of the bulbs and they all are fine, I have replaced the fuse, and I know there is a printed circut behind all the gauges and I know that it costs 80$ and thats not worth the light. Am I overlooking anything here, any one have the same problem and found a solution? Thanks

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

sounds like your headlight switch, try turning it and see if that works, but it might need replacing.

3. TIGHTWORK82 K5

TIGHTWORK82 K5 1/2 ton status

make sure you check the ground lead for the wire harness. mine was disconected when I re-installed it took me 2 more times of taking it apart to figure it out. I dont remember off hand the position # check the manual or it can be traced out to the firewall.

4. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

I agree with Muddytazz to check the headlight switch. The rheostat inside for variance of the dash brightness will get corroded/dirty over time and cease to function.

A second thought would be to ensure that the connector to the printed circuit is not corroded/dirty and is making good contact.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. Ck1500

Ck1500 1/2 ton status

mine was the ground to the fuse block was not hooked up or came loose or something . but i basically pulled all 3 of my hairs out trying to figiure it out /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif but its done now, and if i ever have the same issues again i am going straight for the grounds.

hope this helps

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif Ck1500

6. Texas84K5

Texas84K5 Registered Member

My 84 K5 dash lights recently went out. I changed my switch and that did not fix the problem. one twist to my problem...when I turn on my lights, the cab lights come on at about half strength and my guage lights do not turn on at all.

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Look for a missing ground in the das /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifh.