Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash lights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Jul 11, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

When I was driving around the other night all my dash lights went out. The headlights and tail lights are still working and all the fuses are good. Any ideas what would take all of them out at once?

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. Ryan88Jimmy

Ryan88Jimmy Registered Member

try wiggling your switch around. sometimes mine does the same things and you just gotta play with it [=

Ryan88jimmy

3. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

I have to use the switch wiggle technique sometimes myself. Just turn the knob back and forth like you are going to dim the dash lights.(if your lights worked right, it would be kind of like making your own disco inferno on wheels, maaaan!)haha
    Anyways, a friend of mine had this prob with his '79 Scottsdale. He replaced his switch and, WALLA !, no more problem. You might try that. I am pretty sure LMC TRUCK has these switches for next to nothin. www.lmctruck.com
    Hope this helps a little.

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

When the rehostat in the switch goes bad this will happen. Switch needs to be replaced.