Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash lights?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by ntaj*ep, Mar 26, 2003.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

OK, so I have this '82 chev. and the dash lights do not work, well I can see some but I have to look real hard to. Is there a printed curicut panel that goes bad on these like the 1st gens? I also have a charging system problem that comes and goes, or maybe a draw sometimes. My batt goes COMPLETELY dry like it will start and drive for a while then I'll get gas or something, and BAM! nothing! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Does anyone have some wiring dia. for this? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

dude, i am looking at the booklet for procomp and id swear your new rig is thier old cover rig /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif down to the last sticker, .... is it?

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Maybe? Come and see it at 4wph on the 5th!

4. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You're such a smart ass!

My truck is the Pro-comp Cover truck - nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Ya, so! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Who wants to help me with my lighting, charge problem

6. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    OK, so I have this '82 chev. and the dash lights do not work, well I can see some but I have to look real hard to. Is there a printed curicut panel that goes bad on these like the 1st gens? I also have a charging system problem that comes and goes, or maybe a draw sometimes. My batt goes COMPLETELY dry like it will start and drive for a while then I'll get gas or something, and BAM! nothing! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Does anyone have some wiring dia. for this? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh ya, that thing, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    1- there is a printed board yes, and check these first:
    a- printed board
    b- headlight switch and dimmer switch, especially if its on the floor! wires get rubbed through /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

and the battery sounds like a cell going bad,
    or
    you have a doide taking a poo in the alternator, in which case it may have smoked a cell also /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but to do an acurate test you have to at a minimum have a good battery. come to my store today and i'll do a elec test on it, i'll be there after 3 pm until 8pm. west seattle bridge to alaska then go right 6-7 blocks on the left you'll see schmucks /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and i can get you a good price /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

New batt, rebuilt the alt. meself, I'll check the wiring though on that dimmer, didn't even think of that.....

8. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    rebuilt the alt. meself,

[/ QUOTE ]
    folks, we have the problem /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif was the diode replaced, and / or good?
    is the batt STILL good?
    dimmer and also the headlight switch, they suck, and go out easy, and ya id check that printed board too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

U funnie guy! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    YES I replaced the diode trio, along with everything else, you monkey! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I have to look at the back of the dash later on, along with the dimmer/headlamp switch. But for now its BEER 30!!
    I'm going to take a shower and go out! I'll worry bout it tomorrow! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. uglychevyZZ4

you are contagious /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i lost my elec last night /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifYa, I get that alot........