Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash mat suggestions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tin man, Oct 25, 2004.

1. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

I have a 74 Jimmy. The truck looks great except the dash has spent 30 years in the Az. sun. Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand and where to buy a good quality (good fitting) dash mat. Any input is appreciated.

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i know auto zone's can order them and also jc whitney has em. hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

here is a link that would have a new dash for you. Personaly I like Cheyennd better, lower price and better customer service.
    LMC
    Cheyenne

4. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I appreciate the input.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I want to , but not until I can afford to do the whole interior , wrap the dashpad in Suede . You can get a big enough piece of Suede or Vinyl @ Mesa Sales or a marine store , and spray adhesive on the dashpad , wrap it with the covering , reinstall your trim across the pass side , and install it back on the truck . Well thats at least the future plan for my dashpad on my Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. fitzday12

fitzday12 Newbie

If you're anywhere near Yuma, there is a guy there that makes them. I got one for my blazer for $20. He has a booth at the fleamarket and sews them right there for u. Whaterver color u want.